Common Reasons for Clogs and Leaks in a Plumbing System
There are several common reasons why a plumbing system might develop leaks and clogs. Some of the most common examples include:
- There is a Broken Seal: First, there might be a broken seal somewhere in the plumbing system. When the appliances were first installed, the contractor placed seals around all of the water connections. These seals also showed up in other locations, such as on the door of a dishwasher. As the appliances and plumbing systems start to age, the seal could end up wearing out or breaking. This could lead to puddles and condensation around the sites of broken seals, which is a sign of a leak.
- A Clog in the Line: This is another common issue that might arise. There are a lot of clogged drains that simply cause an inconvenience; however, if there is a clog in the line, this is a completely separate issue. A clog in the line could lead to a pipe that starts to overflow. In some cases, the pipe might even burst. A common example is a clog in the gutter or in the air handler drain pan. Therefore, it is important to keep all of these systems as clean as possible.
- Corrosion in the Plumbing System: Another common cause of clogs and leaks, corrosion in the plumbing system is a major problem. Rust can form and eat away at the pipes themselves. If there is discolouration or warping throughout the pipes, this can escalate to a plumbing emergency if it is not handled quickly. A plumber should come out immediately to assess the damage and address any issues that might be present.
These are just a few of the common reasons why a clog or a leak might develop in someone’s plumbing system. The next step is to figure out where the most common areas are located that could develop clogs or leaks.
Common Locations for Clogs and Leaks To Develop
There are several common locations where clogs and leaks might develop in a plumbing system. Some of the most common examples include:
- Pipe Joints: Pipe joints are one of the most common locations for a leak to develop. A pipe joint is a location where one or more pipes come together. Joints are the weakest link in a plumbing system. Over time, these joints could start to deteriorate, leading to leaks. As they break down, water has an easier time flowing around the joint and they could start to leak. Often, these leaks aren’t visible until the leak has already gotten larger. This is why routine plumbing maintenance is important.
- Tree Roots: Without a doubt, this is one of the most common reasons why a leak develops. Trees need water. Roots grow in the direction of water. The connection should now be obvious. If the plumbing system is too close to a root system, it is only a matter of time before the tree roots break into the plumbing system, leading to major issues.
- Clogged Drains and Toilets: Finally, one of the most common sources of clogs involves toilets and sinks. Sometimes, people simply try to put these things down these drains that they shouldn’t. This is where clogs develop. If a toilet is clogged and people keep trying to flush it, this could cause the toilet itself to overflow. This might lead to major problems. If there is something wrong with the toilets or sinks, it is a good idea to reach out to a trained professional.
These are just a few of the most common locations where a clog or a leak might develop regarding a plumbing system.
It Is Not a Good Idea To Perform a DIY Job
When there is something wrong with the plumbing system, there are some people who like to try and address the issue on their own. Perhaps they are trying to save money or maybe this has to do with pride. Regardless, a DIY plumbing job is never a good idea because
- Costly: When people try to handle the issue on their own, this often ends up being much more expensive. People have to buy the equipment on their own. Then, they are likely to cause a bigger problem without proper training. When the problem expands, it becomes more expensive. People should try to save money and call a professional from the outset.
- Safety: Another key reason why people need to avoid DIY jobs is that this presents a major safety issue. Plumbing jobs can be dangerous. They might involve electricity. There is a tremendous amount of water pressure. There might be a gas line or a water heater involved. This presents a major safety hazard. This is why plumbers have the right training to deal with these issues.
- Stress: Finally, when people try to handle a plumbing job on their own, this creates a tremendous amount of stress. People want to have their water back as quickly as possible. They know that there is a lot on the line. It simply isn’t worth the headache to try to handle this job without the help of a trained professional.
These are a few of the most important reasons why people should try to avoid a DIY plumbing system job.
Why go for Emergency Plumbing Repair
There are several reasons why it is important for people to reach out to an emergency plumbing service for help with issues involving the plumbing system. These include:
- Save Time: A trained emergency plumbing service knows how to address these problems quickly. They have the training to diagnose problems quickly and fix them in a short amount of time. In this manner, reaching out to trained professionals is actually much faster than trying to fix the job on your own. Calling an emergency plumbing service can help people get their plumbing system back online quickly.
- Prevent Future Issues: In addition, when someone reaches out to an emergency plumbing service, they aren’t just paying for the expertise. They are also going to get a quick education on how a plumbing system works. This can provide people with the knowledge they need in order to prevent future problems from arising with the plumbing system.
These are just a few of the biggest reasons why people should reach out to an emergency plumbing service for repairs.
Call Advanced Pro Today for Emergency Plumbing Repair
When you make the decision to call an emergency plumber for help with your plumbing system, you will be rewarded with a trained, friendly, and experienced professional who can help you address your plumbing needs as quickly as possible. At Advanced Pro Plumbing, we are here to provide you with that service. We maintain connections throughout the industry that help us provide you with the best plumbing services and products at a reasonable price. Our technicians are highly trained to make sure they can address all of your plumbing system repair needs. If you need help with your plumbing system, you want the problem fixed as quickly as possible. Contact us today to learn more about our emergency plumbing repair services!